At Quiqup, we're changing the E-commerce landscape in the MENA region to the next level of the digital economy; an upgrade to Q-commerce. Providing access, learning, resources and technology to all merchants be it small sized, medium sized and large enterprises to faster serve their customers. Just as the F&B industry got disrupted with immediate on-demand deliveries - until it became the norm, we are on a mission to touch and disrupt every consumer facing industry including and not limited to beauty, fashion, pharma and consumer electronics. We will help established businesses online move from 1-2 days delivery lead times, to a delivery within 60 minute. We will also help offline businesses enter the Q-commerce world through a full service proposition and equip them to compete in the digital world. We aim to open the Q-commerce world to all and add value across the spectrum. We’re transforming the way goods are traded, how they are moved around our streets, for better cities, better business and all round better living.
About the role:
Quiqup has cemented its position as UAE market leader in the fast delivery space and is about to enter a hyper growth phase with targets of well over 200% YOY. We are looking for an experienced, highly ambitious and inspirational Head of Operations to take on the leadership of our Operations team and achieve our ambitions. The future of the business will rest on our ability to meet these growth targets, which will only be possible if we have the best performing operations team in the world with an obsessive focus on client experience, satisfaction and reliability.
The Operations Department is the beating heart of the company. It touches every element of Quiqup; it is, quite literally, the nuts and bolts of the business, the glue that holds it all together. It’s what ensures our clients and customers get what they want, when they want it, how they want it - in great condition.
- The operations team comprises of four primary functions:
Cross docking/ fulfilment operations who are responsible for ensuring parcels are collected from our clients and out on the road in record time to meet our aggressive delivery SLAs
- Live operations who are the eagle eyes constantly monitoring all movement and proactively solving problems between couriers, clients and customers
- Fleet operations who ensure that we have a healthy, performing, motivated fleet of couriers acting as a positive reflection on the Quiqup brand
- Partner operations who are responsible that we are well coordinated across the different functions, the rest of the business, we have reporting and data available to make key business decisions and that we are constantly focused on process improvements
What you’ll be doing:
Build and inspire a high performance operations team:
- Build and retain a high quality fleet that sets the industry standard and improve the quality of the fleet to ensure we beat the competition.
- You will be looking to reduce delivery times, reduce our operating costs all the while providing stellar service to our customers and partners to ensure we are working profitably and optimally.
- Optimising and revamping everything from our driver onboarding process to the way we analyse the performance of our Live Operations team.
- Optimising operations through innovation and process development. You should constantly be thinking how every task can be improved.
- Manage multiple internal and external stakeholders including customers, partners and Quiqees.
- Drive efficiencies and ensure we are working profitably and optimally
- Ensure that clients are getting a great onboarding and after-sale experience
Be part of the organisational flow:
- Ensure communications are coordinated with other departments in order to meet operations plan objectives
- Collaborate with product on market and client feedback to feed the product roadmap
- Work closely and give market feedback to the product team regarding solutions and how we should develop - you’ll be seeing and hearing what businesses need, so you’ll be an essential voice to our product teams
- Instrumental part of the leadership team driving the operational strategy of the organisation
- Collaborate with operations to successfully launch and retain clients
- You’ll spot opportunities, devise projects to test new ideas and manage their execution - constantly searching for how to become and maintain the best e-commerce experience provider in the world
- Operations controls and processes related to the functioning of the team
- Smooth running of the four primary functions within the operations team and communication between them
- Ad hoc, quick thinking and fast acting problem solving and firefighting
- Strategic thinking and long term planning for the team and functions as a whole
- Recruitment, training, development and quality of the operations team as a whole
- Key operational performance metrics such as delivery SLA, success rate, courier attendance, resource optimisation amongst others
- Be the face of Quiqup operations for external stakeholders
About your technical skills and experience:
- 7 + years experience managing Operations functions within the SAAS, e-commerce or last-mile industries
- +2 Year experience in consulting
- At least 2 years experience in startup or technology company
- At least 3 years of leadership experience
- Engineering background or MBA graduate or an MA in Business, Economics, Lean Six Sigma
- MS Excel/ Google Sheets wizard
- This is an analytical role - you should love numbers, be able to spot trends and make decisions based on data
- Knowledge of e-commerce logistics space would be a bonus
Culture fit and background:
- You thrive in a fast-paced startup and are able to work in a high pressure environment
- Positive and proactive nature, ready to get things done
- Entrepreneurial mindset, independent thinker who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, try new things, solve problems and move fast
- Excellent leadership skills with a passion for building and managing a high performing team
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Passion for developing relationships and finding creative solutions to match the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Obsessed with maintaining highest quality standards
- Takes pride in their work and developing a professional reputation in the market
- Commercially minded, entrepreneurial self-starter with a strong ability to spot new opportunities
- Ability to manage multiple projects while prioritising workload
- Super tech-savvy and has a good understanding of digital product development
What's in it for you?
- The potential to build something transformational
- The chance to do something you’ll tell stories about
- An independent and autonomous company culture
- An invitation to make an impact from Day 1
- An international and diverse group of people
- And the usual stuff- competitive compensation package, stock options Medical insurance, Insurance , office dogs, healthy (and not so healthy!) snacks